Sunday 30 September 2007

Viral Art at the V and A


Ever been to a pretentious art gallery and thought, 'I could do just as good as that, if not better'? Well, I did, and armed with a copy of one of my favourite photos mounted in an identical frame to the gallery's, and a freshly engraved plaque, again identical to the gallery’s, I covertly seized an opportunity to show my efforts off to the world, well… London.
A bit about the photograph; I took the photo in January 1990 in Berlin. I arrived at the time the infamous Wall was being pulled down. Having helped smash a fresh breach in the wall with a sledgehammer, I peeked through to find two East German border guards locked in casual conversation in 'no-mans land'. Out comes my trusty ol' Nikon 401 35mm - Gotcha!


2 comments:

The accidental artist said...

Strangely enough, the young art student who was sitting down on one of the computers said the same thing. Would you like to be part of my next caper. I got something very cool in the post today...

oddball8974 said...

You are a disturbed individual, this is good. Why not try an object of interest over the road in the Science museum or leave a dead mouse skeleton in the natural!