Thursday 20 December 2007

Viral Art at the Walker Gallery


Another viral art 'infection' by the infamous Iveski, this time at Liverpool's prestigious Walker Art Gallery, part of National Museums. Unlike the previous attempt at the Tate Modern, this was an unmitigated success. Upon entering the gallery, I made a bee-line to the contempory section. Finding podium space next to some video art, I left my sculpture together with a plaque explaining it:


"The Object of my Affliction (2007). In this instance the artist (me) utilises multiple unstained secions of his own malignant brain tumour, mounted on microscope slides, to express his contempt for the direction the new 'Britartists' have taken. Quite literally a piece of his diseased mind for a diseased subject."


I am honoured to be in such distinguished company as, Rembrandt, Rubens, Monet, Degas, Cezanne, Matisse, Gainsborough, Reynolds, Stubbs and Lowry.

Tracy Emin? She can wish! Only real artists here!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Bwahaha!
Liverpool, capital of culture.
Ha that never gets old for me, effin' hilarious.

Pity the close up wasn't a bit closer tho'.

More please.

The accidental artist said...

What can I say? Arthouse or trance video you take your pick